Before you create attributes, value sets must be defined. If you do not have value sets created already, follow the steps to Create a Value Set.
This feature allows users to create any entities that are not already included within the default page. Attributes are any type of desired information that can be used for filtering, ranking or reporting.
1. Click on the Administration icon .
2. Select Attribute Definitions from the Attributes section.
3. Press the + New button.
4. Enter the Name of the attribute.
5. From the Value Set drop-down menu select the desired value set.
Notes: If you do not use a value set, the attribute will be free text.
- Check the Is Mandatory box if the user desires that it is a requirement
to set a value for this attribute.
- The Is Fixed setting is used to indicate whether the created attribute is
to be used once; if different values are entered for the same attribute,
leave this checkbox unchecked.
6. Select Scope from the drop-down menu .
7. In the Applies To menu, select the appropriate entity to which this new attribute will apply. For example, select Applies To Employee.
8. When finished press the Save button. After you have created the attribute, it can be used in Aggregate,
Employee, Shift, Assignment, Job Location, Base Schedule, etc.
Note: From the example above, the user can now assign the attribute to a new
employee or an existing employee from the Add Attribute drop-down menu in the
Employee Management page.