This article will walk the user through the required steps to transfer an employee to a different Organizational Unit. Transferring an employee to a different organizational unit will:
- Remove them from schedule generation
- Remove their qualifications
- Remove their base schedule(s)
- Remove their leave balance
1. Click on the user icon located in the top right corner.
2. Select all active organizational units.
3. Click on the Administration tab .
4. Select Employee Management from the Employee Management section.
4. Click edit next to the target employee.
5. Select the transfer tool next to the Primary Organizational Units field.
6. From the drop-down menu select the desired action.
Note: Employees may be associated with only one Primary Organizational Unit.
Employees may be associated with multiple Secondary (Non-Primary) Organizational
7. From the drop-down menu select a new Primary Organizational Unit.
Note: The user has the option of keeping the old Primary Organizational Unit
8. Select when the change will be applied.
9. Press the Next button.
10. Select whether to Keep or Inactivate each command.
Indeavor Pro Tip: If your organization uses quotas, do not "Keep" Approved Leaves,
they will not count against quotas. Pull approved leaves for the employee from the
Requests Page, and reenter them after the transfer is complete.
11. Press the Next button.
Note: You will get a warning message that lists any associated items that
will become inactivated.
12. Press the Finish button to proceed with the inactivation.
Note: If the employee is transferred to another organizational unit at a future
date, the employee will be grayed out on the Roster starting from that date.
After transferring an employee you will have to:
- Add Employee to Employee Groups
- Set Employee Qualifications
- Allow a Base Schedule
- Assign a Base Schedule
- Configure Employee Leave Balances