This feature allows the user to establish sign up windows and deadlines for various employee-related workflows in Employee Self Service (both web and mobile). ESS Cut Off Rules can be created for Leaves, Overtime, Call-Off, Preference Form. All these types of rules are applicable only in ESS, not the main Indeavor App (not the admin type of users). By default, no rules are applied and in order to use them, they have to be explicitly created.
Note: Rule changes and new rules will not be applied to employees currently
logged into Indeavor. In order for the rule to take affect, the employee must
log out of Indeavor and log back in.
Create a Configuration Profile
1. Click on the Administration icon .
2. Select the ESS Cut Off Rules option from the Settings section.
3. Press the New button.
4. Enter a Title for the Cut Off Configuration.
5. From the Scope drop-down , select the desired scope for the Configuration.
6. Press the Save button.
Add a Rule
1. From the ESS Cut Off Rules drop-down menu , select the Configuration.
2. Press the Add rule button.
3. Enter a Title for the rule.
4. From the Type drop-down menu , the desired entity for the Cut Off Configuration.
5. Use the drop-down menu to select the desired Employee filters. These define which employees the Cut Off rule will affect.
6. In the Ad-Hoc volunteering filters section, select the desired Days from the respective drop-downs .
7. Set the Window Type using the provided fields.
Opening Window:This type of window defines when employees can perform a certain
action for a defined period type (based on evaluation context). All other
periods are considered to be closed and not available to perform the action.
Closing Window:This type of window defines when employees cannot perform a
certain action for a defined period type (based on evaluation context). All
other periods are considered to be opened and available to perform the action.
8. From the Evaluation Context drop-down menu select the desired value based on which the cut off rules will be evaluated.
Notes: Evaluation Context defines what you will be allowed to select within the
Start of Window or End of Window.
On day: Enables a daily request window.
On week: Enables a weekly request window.
On weekend: Enables a weekend request window.
9. To set values other than the pre-selected options, check Set the start window or Set the end of window to select from more options.
Note: The user can edit both Start of Window and End of Window. It means the
user can change the date in between the beginning of the End of Window to the
date before the Start of Window (the End of Window should be set less than the
Start of Window).
The employees can make a request after 3 days (end of window) but before 5 days
(start of window). Suppose, today is 5th of the month - the employees therefore
can make a request in 9th and 10th of that month.
10. Press the Save button.
11. You can then access the Access Configuration through the ESS Cut Off Rules drop-down menu , by selecting the desired Profile.
Note: To add multiple rules, press the Add rule bar again and follow the previous