Leave Management enables the user to create Leave Types, which can be used not only by the user in the Roster but also by the employee through Employee Self Service.
1. Click on the Administration icon .
2. Select Leaves from the Master Data section.
3. Press the + New button.
4. Enter the Name and Short Name of the leave.
5. Select the Organizational Unit from the drop-down .
Note: Consider using a generic short name like PTO for use in team views and
6. Check the Bucket check-box.
Note: In a situation where a leave is not a Bucket type, leave the checkbox
unselected. In the Hierarchy section, from the Bucket drop-down ,
select a parent Leave to which the newly created leave will belong to.
Any non-bucket leaves shares balance with other leaves that belong to the
same parent bucket leave type.
7. Check the Assignable check-box.
Note: Having the "Assignable" checkbox checked is what allows admin users the ability to
assign hourly employees to that leave type within Indeavor whether it is
requestable by the hourly employee or not.
If you would like the new leave type to be requestable by employees, please
reach out to the Indeavor support team to make this change.
8. From the Accountable Hours Type drop-down , select the desired accounting method.
- Explicit: This will account the hours defined by the user, even if the leave period exceeds the explicit hours. If the taken leave is shorter than the explicit hours, the shorter period will be taken off the employees leave balance.
- Workday: This will automatically account the hours, the employee was scheduled for on a particular day. If a shorter time frame is defined, only the specified hours will be taken off the employees' leave balance.
9. Press the Save button.