A set of options exist to either enable or disable what assignable units are allowed when configuring the following entities: Base Schedule Preferences, Explicit Preferences, Implicit Preferences, Assignments, Production Demands, Periodic Demands, Qualifications, Volunteering, and Ad-Hoc Volunteering.
1. Click on the Administration icon .
2. Select Preferences Administration from the Settings section.
3. Select Scheduling.
4. Select Qualification Assignable Units from the Assignable Units section.
5. Select the Scope for which the changes will be performed (Domain versus a specific Organizational Unit).
6. For each desired entity (which is allowed for the particular screen or function, in this case, Qualifications Management page), indicate which assignable units are allowed to be displayed or selected. There are 3 options for each entity:
7. Click on the Save button to save the settings.
Note: For example, to set up the Include Job entity: Item would reference a
specific job, Group would reference a normal type of job group, and Class would
refer to the classification type of job group.
This is the result of the settings on the Qualifications Management page
(with the ability to qualify employees to individual jobs, normal job groups,
and classification job groups):