This article will walk the user through some of the common steps required to create a workday leave type and how to set up employees in order to use that feature.
Create a Leave Type
Create a Value Set
1. Click on the Administration tab and select Value Set Definitions option in the Attributes section.
2. Press the + Add New button to add a value set.
3. Enter the value set’s Name (i.e. Home Shift) and select Shift Dimension from the Type drop-down menu.
Note: Leave all other fields blank.
4. Press the OK button.
Create an Attribute
1. Click on the Administration tab and select Attribute Definitions option in the Attributes section.
2. Press the + Add New button to create an attribute.
3. Enter the attribute’s Name and select the Value Set that was created in the section above (i.e. Home Shift).
4. Select the Is Fixed option.
5. Select where this attribute will apply by clicking Employee Organizational Unit under the Available column.
6 Select Scope from the drop-down menu and press Save.
Assign an Employee to an Attribute
1. Click on the Administration tab
2. Select Employee Management option in the Employee Management section.
3. Click Edit next to the desired employee.
4. Press on the plus sign tab and select the Organizational Unit Attributes option.
5. In Organizational Unit Attributes tab, press the + Add New button to add an attribute to employee.
6. From the drop-down menu select the Organizational Unit for which the attribute will apply
7. Set a Validity Period if necessary and select shift, from the drop-down menu of your previously created attribute.
Note: This configuration creates a default duration that is deducted from
employee's allowed leave balance regardless of what employee's first preference
base schedule shift duration indicates. Once this default duration is set
(in a form of an attribute), it will override the employee's first preference
base schedule shift duration.