This feature allows users to define how far into the future employees are able to request certain overtime volunteering opportunities.
Note: Rule changes and new rules will not be applied to employees currently
logged into Indeavor. In order for the rule to take affect, the employee must
log out of Indeavor and log back in.
Create a Configuration Profile
1. Click on the Administration icon .
2. Select the ESS Cut Off Rules option from the Settings section.
3. Press the New button.
4. Enter a Title for the Cut Off Configuration.
5. From the Scope drop-down , select the desired scope for the Configuration.
6. Press the Save button.
Add a Rule
1. From the ESS Cut Off Rules drop-down menu , select the Configuration.
2. Press the Add rule button.
3. Enter a Title for the rule.
4. From the Type drop-down menu , select Overtime.
5. Use the drop-down menu to select the desired Employee filters. These define which employees the Cut Off rule will affect.
6. IIn the Overtime filters section, select the desired Templates and Days from the respective drop-downs .
Note: The selection in the Overtime templates is from Volunteering Management
which is created by the Volunteering Opportunity Template or
Publish a Day as Volunteering Opportunity.
7. Set the Window Type using the provided fields.
Opening:This type of window defines when employees can perform a certain
action for a defined period type (based on evaluation context). All other
periods are considered to be closed and not available to perform the action.
Closing:This type of window defines when employees cannot perform a
certain action for a defined period type (based on evaluation context). All
other periods are considered to be opened and available to perform the action.
8. From the Evaluation Context drop-down menu select the desired value based on which the cut off rules will be evaluated.
Note: Evaluation Context defines what you will be allowed to select within the
Start of Window or End of Window.
On day: Enables a daily request overtime window.
On week: Enables a weekly request overtime window.
On weekend: Enables a weekend request overtime window.
9. To set values other than the pre-selected options, check Set the start window or Set the end of window to select from more options.
Without a Cut Off Rule, the Volunteering Opportunities will appear on every day
of the employee's calendar. The user can create a Cut Off Rule and edit both
Start of Window and End of Window. It means the user can change the date in
between the beginning of the End of Window to the date before the Start of Window
(the End of Window should be set less than the Start of Window).
The Start of Window defines when we start removing volunteering opportunities
from the schedule. If, for example, the start of window is 5 days before, and a
volunteering opportunity is more than 5 days in the future, it is cut off (Date
of the Opportunity - Today's Date) > 5. If it is less than 5 days in the future
it appears (Date of the Opportunity - Today's Date) ≤ 5.
The End of Window defines when we stop removing volunteering opportunities from
the schedule. If, for example, the end of window is 3 days before, and a
volunteering opportunity is less or exactly than 3 days in the future, it is
cut off (Date of the Opportunity - Today's Date) ≤ 3. If it is more than 3 days
in the future it appears (Date of the Opportunity - Today's Date) > 3.
Suppose, today is 5th of the month. The employees can request an OT volunteering
opportunity that is more than 3 days in the future (end of window) but less than
5 days in the future (start of window).
The employees therefore can request OT in 9th and 10th of that month.
Volunteering opportunities more than three days in the future appear.
Volunteering opportunities less than or equal to three days in the future are
10. Press the Save button.
11. You can then access the Configuration through the ESS Cut Off Rules drop-down menu by selecting the desired Profile.